This page lists some organisations concerned with the creation, evaluation and promotion of high quality scientific evidence.
If you know of a significant organisation which is not listed here please email email@example.com.
Please note that we reserve the right to not include information about a resource if we do not consider it appropriate.
- Alliance for Useful Evidence. An international network that champions the smarter use of evidence in social policy and practice. It does this through advocacy, organising events, sharing ideas, and delivering training and support.
- Centre for Reviews and Dissemination. A UK institute that produces policy relevant research and innovative methods that advance the use of research evidence to improve population health.
- Cochrane Collaboration. An international not-for-profit organisation, providing up-to-date information about the effects of health care. It provides the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, part of The Cochrane Library, the definitive resource for evidence-based health care.
- CONSORT Group. The Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials Group is an international network comprising trialists, methodologists and medical journal editors. It developed the CONSORT Statement, a tool that evolves in response to the emerging research evidence.
- EQUATOR Network. The Enhancing the QUAlity and Transparency Of health Research Network is an international group which aims to improve the reliability and value of medical research literature by promoting accurate and transparent reporting of research studies.
- GRADE Working Group. The Grading of Recommendations Assessment, Development and Evaluation working group is an international group which has developed a common, sensible and transparent approach to grading quality (or certainty) of evidence and strength of recommendations.
- INVOLVE. UK advisory group which brings together expertise, insight and experience in the field of public involvement in research, with the aim of advancing it as an essential part of the process by which research is identified, prioritised, designed, conducted and disseminated.
- National Institute for Health and Care Excellence. UK organisation responsible for providing national guidance on promoting good health and preventing and treating ill health. Provides useful checklists for evaluating the scientific validity of research studies.
- Sense About Science. An independent charitable trust promoting good science and evidence in public debates. It does this by promoting respect for evidence and by urging scientists to engage actively with a wide range of groups.
- STROBE. The STrengthening the Reporting of OBservational studies in Epidemiology group is an international, collaborative initiative of epidemiologists, methodologists, statisticians, researchers and journal editors involved in the conduct and dissemination of observational studies.
- Quick link:
- 13 Jun 2018