Publications on Children and Young People on the Autism Spectrum
This page lists some publications relating to children and young people on the autism spectrum.
Some of the publications are specific to policy and services within the UK, while others are of more general interest.
For a more comprehensive list of publications on autistic children and young people, inc. research studies, please see our Publications Database
If you know of any other publications we should list on this page please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Baron-Cohen, S. (2008) Autism and Asperger syndrome. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Boucher, J. (2009) The autistic spectrum: characteristics, causes and practical concerns. Sage: London
- National Autistic Society [201?]. What is Asperger syndrome? London: National Autistic Society. Read Full Item (website page)
- National Autistic Society [201?] What is autism? London: National Autistic Society. Read Full Item (website page)
- Research Autism (2016). Essential guide to children and young people on the autism spectrum London: Research Autism
- Sicile-Kira, C. (2003) Autism spectrum disorders: the complete guide. London: Random House.
- Szatmari, P. (2004) A mind apart: understanding children with autism and Asperger syndrome. New York: Guilford Press
- Volkmar, F.R. and Wiesner, L.A. eds. (2009) A practical guide to autism: what every parent, family member and teacher needs to know. Hoboken, New Jersey: John Wiley & Sons.
- Wing, L. (2002) The autistic spectrum: a guide for parents and professionals. London: Constable and Robinson
- Barber, K. (2006) Living your best life with Asperger's syndrome: how a young boy and his mother deal with the challenges and joys of being eleven, brilliant and socially absent. London: Sage.
- Gerland, G. (2003). A real person: life on the outside. London: Souvenir Press.
- Grandin, T. Emergence autistic. (1996). Novato, CA: Arena Press.
- Jackson L. (2002). Freaks, geeks and Asperger syndrome. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
- Rubinyi, S. (2007) Natural genius: the gifts of Asperger's syndrome. London: Jessica Kingsley.
- Moore, C. George and Sam. (2004). London: Viking Penguin.
- Rankin, K. (2000) Growing up severely autistic: they call me Gabriel. London: Jessica Kingsley
- Sainsbury, C. (2009) The Martian in the playground: Understanding the schoolchild with Asperger's syndrome. London: Sage.
- Van Der Post, A. et al (2009) Children and teenagers with Aspergers: the journey of parenting from birth to teens. Brentwood: Chipmunkapublishing.
- Williams, D. (1992). Nobody, nowhere. London: Jessica Kingsley Publishers.
Interventions (Treatments, Services and Other Forms of Support)
- Quick link:
- 25 Oct 2017