< Back to Glossary

Allied Health Professionals

Allied Health Professionals refers to a wide group of professionals who work alongside doctors and nurses within the health care system.

In the UK allied health professionals include

  • Art therapists
  • Chiropodists/podiatrists
  • Dietitians
  • Occupational therapists
  • Orthoptists
  • Prosthetists and orthotists
  • Psychologists
  • Psychotherapists
  • Radiographers
  • Speech and Language therapists

Related Glossaries

Related Pages

About This Glossary

This glossary is designed to explain some of the jargon and gobbledygook used by some people when they talk about autism or research..

You may be able to find more information, including links to other parts of this website, by clicking on the title of an item.

If you can't find the word you are looking for, or you know of a word we should include, please email info@researchautism.net


The fact that an intervention is listed in this glossary does not necessarily mean that we agree with its use. Nor does it necessarily mean that there is any scientifically valid or reliable evidence behind it.