Risperidone and Autism
We have identified the following studies into risperidone as an intervention for people on the autism spectrum that are currently underway or which have yet to report. If you know of any other studies we should include please email email@example.com with the details.
- Janssen Pharmaceutical K.K. is running a study to evaluate the efficacy of risperidone compared with placebo in children and adolescents with irritability associated with autistic disorder.. Clinical Trials Gov Ref: NCT01624675. For more details, please see A Study to Evaluate the Efficacy and Safety of Risperidone (R064766) in Children and Adolescents With Irritability Associated With Autistic Disorder https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT01624675.
- Janssen-Ortho Inc., Canada is running a study to evaluate the effectiveness of an oral solution of risperidone, an antipsychotic medication) versus placebo in the treatment of behavioral symptoms in children with Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD). Clinical Trials Gov Ref: NCT00261508. For more details please see Treatment of Autism in Children and Adolescents A Study of the Effectiveness and Safety of Risperidone Versus Placebo in the Treatment of Children With Autistic Disorder and Other Pervasive Developmental Disorders (PDD) https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00261508
- The National Institute of Mental Health is running a study to determine the effectiveness of risperidone, a drug treatment for the interfering symptoms of Autistic Disorder in children and adolescents between the ages of 5 and 17. Clinical Trials Gov Ref: NCT00005014. For more details please see Treatment of Autism in Children and Adolescents https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00005014
- The University of California, Los Angeles is running a study which will use blood genomic profiles before and after risperidone treatment in children with autism and severe behavioral difficulties to determine if the profiles can predict response to treatment. Clinical Trials Gov Ref: NCT00584701. For more details, please see Pharmacogenomics in Autism Treatment (PG) https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT0058470
- The University of California, Los Angeles is running a study to deepen our understanding of repetitive behaviors in autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and its treatment by examining the changes in key neural circuits associated with risperidone treatment using functional MRI Clinical Trials Gov Ref: NCT01171937. For more details please see Risperidone Treatment In Children With Autism Spectrum Disorder And High Levels Of Repetitive Behavior Project V) https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT0117193
- The Washington University School of Medicine is running a study to compare applied behavioral analysis (ABA) versus ABA and risperidone in preschool children on the autism spectrum. Clinical Trials Gov Ref: NCT00374764. For more details, please see Comparison of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) Versus ABA and Risperidone https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/study/NCT00374764
- Yale University is running a study to compare the safety and effectiveness of medication treatment alone (risperidone or aripiprazole) to medication treatment in combination with a parent management training program. Clinical Trials Gov Ref: NCT00080145 For more details, please see RUPP PI PDD: Drug and Behavioral Therapy for Children With Pervasive Developmental Disorders https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/results/NCT00080145
- 03 Aug 2018
- Last Review
- 01 Jul 2018
- Next Review
- 01 Jul 2021