You are here: Home | Videos
Autism and Primary Care: Videos
This section contains links to videos on autism and healthcare
If you know of a video we should include in this section, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.
GP visits - a film about living with autism
A film commissioned by the London Borough of Richmond on Thames to ensure that all staff in social care and community settings understand autism.
The NHS has published a number of videos about autism on the NHS Choices website
- Autism - social situations. This video enacts how someone on the autism spectrum can struggle to understand the rules of conversation, making social situations difficult.
- Autism and public transport. An enactment of the morning journey to work for a person on the autism spectrum, showing the difficulties that people with the condition can experience on public transport.
- Graeme's story. Graeme took a dyslexia test at the age of 24, which showed he had signs of autism. He describes how he was finally diagnosed with Asperger syndrome and what the diagnosis meant to him.
- Lucy's story. This video recreates Lucy's experience in a hospital and shows that even health professionals need a better understanding of the challenges patients on the autism spectrum experience within the NHS.
- Robyn's story. Robyn Steward was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, a form of autism, when she was a teenager. She describes how it affects her physically and socially and how she learned to cope with it.
Please see Videos section of the Research Autism website